In recognition of the importance that socio-economic diversity plays in education, the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is designed to enable the school to enroll and re-enroll qualified students whose families are not able to pay the full cost of tuition at The Academy at Morgan's Wonderland. Tuition assistance is available to cover up to 50% of the total tuition.
Application for tuition assistance must be completed annually and consists of completing the F.A.S.T. application (Financial Aid for School Tuition). To begin this process, click on the F.A.S.T. application link under the tuition tab. Income documents and copies of tax filings are necessary to complete the application along with a fee of $38 payable to F.A.S.T. For your convenience, a downloadable worksheet and Parent User Guide are available through F.A.S.T. and can be accessed via the application link.
• TAP funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis for tuition only. Any grant awarded may not be used for fees.
• Priority is given to currently enrolled students already receiving tuition assistance whose families continue to demonstrate the need for such and submit applications by a specified date.
• New students and returning students who demonstrate the need for tuition assistance must submit applications by a specified date set each year.
• While families of new students may complete the FAST application at any time, the student must submit an application for enrollment and be accepted into the school in order to be considered for tuition assistance.
• The TAP Committee will review applications in a timely manner once all the information is received and verified. It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure all information is received by FAST.
• Factors contributing to the approval or denial of TAP funds may include: amount of income, amount and type of expenses, available assets, and spending patterns. Decisions are made based on financial information only, not on student-specific factors.
• The committee may request additional information from the family to be submitted by a specified date prior to making its decision. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of consideration for TAP.
• If an application is denied, the family may submit a written appeal to The Academy at Morgan's Wonderland within 10 business days. The second committee decision will be the final decision.
• The TAP committee has the final and sole decision regarding the approval or denial of applications.
• At no time will the student’s TAP dollars be greater than 50% of the annual tuition.
• It is expected that those parents receiving TAP funds provide 1.5 times greater volunteer hours to the school than those not receiving assistance. Failure to do so may jeopardize continuation of assistance.
• If a family’s application does not support their ability to pay at least 50% of the annual tuition amount, the family must explain in the application how they will pay the remaining balance.